For the last 20 years I've made resolutions for myself and for the most part, they've been largely impactful. I wish my 14 yr old would follow in my footsteps. She's a great kid but there are a few things I would hope she see needs improving. If I were her, this would be my list:
- I will clean my room EVERYDAY.
- I will eat more vegetables (without crying)-funny story.
- I will help out more with chores especially washing dishes.
- I will let my parents know, in advance, when I have school projects due.
- I will clean the bathroom BEFORE I take a selfie.
- I will go to bed at a reasonable time. No more talking to my bestie until 1:00am. Or at least I'll try.
- I will share with my brother more.
- I will let my mom cuddle and sleep with me sometimes.
- I will unlock my cell phone at night so my mom can see what I'm doing.
- I will realize that money does not grow on trees.
- I'll WILL my feet to stop growing so my mom doesn't have to pay so much for shoes.
- I will teach my mom how to edit video.
- I will try to eat school lunch, at least, once a week.
- I will try one new food this year. Not once a month but once this year.
- I will watch tear-jerker movies with my mom sometimes.
- Lastly, I will wake up earlier so I won't make my mom and dad late for work every day.
Yes, I know it's wishful thinking. But a girl's gotta have dreams. LOL
What are your resolutions for your child(ren)?