Sometimes you read a blog and wonder who that person really is. I wrote a similar post a few years back but thought I would re-visit it. Since it's 2015, I will be ending the year with 15 random thoughts about me giving my readers an inside glimpse of the mommy behind the blog.
- I am featured in the American Medical Journal (Don't ask). LOL
- I wrote my first book in the 7th grade(unpublished) but my first published book was in 2006.
- I was inspired to name my daughter Zaria after the daughter character of the popular '90's sitcom, 'The Parent'Hood.
- At my heaviest weight, I was 278lbs.
- My past jobs include a daycare teacher(for one day), custodian, advertising exec, deli worker, freelance writer and on-air personality.
- I almost never wear sneaks. I wear them maybe 5 times a year.
- I met my husband when we were in middle school.
- I rarely wear dresses. I feel more comfortable in slacks.
- I have never watched Boys N The Hood or Menace to Society.
- My top 3 favorite movies are My Best Friend's Wedding, Love Jones and The Mirror Has 2 Faces.
- When I was a child, I wanted to be a police officer, judge, advertising exec., pediatrician and author.
- I ran away from home(to my best friend's house)because my mom tore down my Prince posters from my bedroom wall.
- My pastor gave me my first bible(engraved) when I was 17.
- I passed all my high school finals by cramming for 2 days straight.
What are some of your random thoughts?