Every year I post my favorite things, places or people ending with the last 2 digits of the year. This year in 2015, I have over a dozen people and organizations(exactly 15) to spotlight. These spotlighted orgs have either supported me personally or professionally or possibly both. They have definitely been a blessing to me so I encourage you to connect with many of them, as well. The list is in no particular order, so enjoy!
1. Larene Hill of The Sweet Shoppe in Livonia. MI 9( www.facebook.com/thesweetshoppestore -Larene opened up her business to our princesses in July for our annual Princess Ice Cream Social and again in November for our 1st Popcorn and Polish Party. Thanks so much, Larene.
2. LaTia Reed of TrueBelles Mentoring Program(www.truebelles.us - We have supported one another in so many ways from my Princess Ball to her School Supplies Project and her Mitten and Gloves Drive. Her sweet daughter was honored at our 2015 Princess Ball. Thanks for supporting our brand.
3.Candice Norwood of Candy Factory, LLC (www.facebook.com/candybodyfactory - Candice makes the best soaps. She designed a Princess Soap in various colors that we simply adore. She has also donated product and financially to our company. Her daughter, Mia , is also a savvy entrepreneur and we simply love her scarves. We purchased 2 of her chocolate brown scarves for our 5th Annual Chocolate Princess Party this past October.
4. Eric Nyamor (www.ericnyamor.com) is my illustrator of The Adventures of Princess Zaria, my children's book. He has been so patient with me on the release of my 2nd in the series. He also has supported our brand by donating to our 2016 Regal Princess Ball. Eric, is the best!
5. Essynce Moore of Essynce Couture(www.essyncecouture.com) . She doesn't know how much she inspires me. At the tender age of 13, she has the world in the palm of her hands. She is an author, fashion designer, actress, motivational speaker and owner of her own boutique and spa in New Jersey. Essynce will be our keynote speaker at our 2016 Regal Princess Ball. Essynce rocks x 100!!!!
6. Sandy Epps of www.sandysland.com- What else can I say about Sandy? She is the kindest, sweetest, most generous person I know. She has a love for children and she hosts the best events and parties. We met in 2006 when my first book was released and we've been great friends ever since. Sandy is a genuine sweetheart, an awesome face painter, creator of the highly popular Detroit Doll Show and the motivational Butterfly Bash. Check out her books and beautiful products for women and children.
7. Gladys Pearson of Making It to The Finish Line(www.mittfl.org) . We have been communicating on line for several years but we physically met a couple weeks ago when she interviewed me on her radio show. Before that, she hosted a contest where I was the winner of a pair of tickets to see the raunchy comedienne, Monique. Thanks Gladys and keep doing what you do for the kids.
8. Johny Thomas of the Bel Air 10 Theater( www.belair10theater.com) in Detroit, the only neighborhood movie theater in the city. Johny is a awesome business owner who have supported our company in so many ways. I met Johny shortly after my first book, 25 Ways To Make Your Child(ren) Feel Special, was released. He has supported our company with complimentary movie tickets as giveaways to the princesses and he has allowed us to host princess movie premieres at the theater.
9. Tim Miller of www.millerdesignstudio.net -Tim is the BEST! Tim has been with the company since the beginning of my projects. He has created websites for us. He has hosted the sites and make regular updates of The Princess of the Month and ALL the princess events we host. He creates the links for all our events for Paypal payments. He creates the certificates for the Princess Ball and the list goes on and on. I don't know what I would do without him.
10. Talia Foster of Talia's Prints(www.lavishpartiesbytalia.com) -Talia has created several print jobs for me including tickets and flyers for our Princess Ball. A few years ago she created a photo puzzle for me to present to my niece on Christmas. Her daughter has been featured as our Princess of the Year and she even featured me and my business on her blog. I am so glad to have met her and she keeps inspiring me with her motivational marketing and business tips.
11. The Real Princess Zaria- my daughter Zaria is my inspiration for my entire princess brand. The name Zaria means princess and she has lived up to that name from day one. She makes our family proud. Zaria has consistently been an honor roll student since she has been able to earn letter grades at school. She is very focused and motivated. She cares about people. She has never met a stranger. She is a good friend and an even better daughter. I can't think of a better person to represent the Princess Zaria Brand. I love you, princess.
12. My best friend of 38 years, Lorie Madu. She is my KEY fab 5 for earning her Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice. She worked hard by holding down a stressful day job and completing an online course at night- sacrificing fun time with friends and family but keeping her eye on the prize. She motivates me and inspires me to be a better person. She is a great wife, mother and the best friend in the world.
13. My son, Marty. I am so proud of him. He made a goal to produce music and he has never wavered. Even though it's been hard making connections, he consistently writes new lyrics and records and produces nice beats. I am proud that he is following his dreams. I enjoy our long talks about life, girls and finances. Not in that order. LOL. I will forever love you.
14. My older and younger brothers, respectively. Elgin and Andre are great men. They are good fathers, providers for their families and the best brothers a girl can ask for. I can always call them and talk to them and we have so many childhood memories to look back and laugh on. Elgin, the plastic bat you hit me with as kids will forever traumatize me. Andre, I remember saving your life at the pool. You will be my baby brother forever.
15. Last but definitely not least, My husband, Lary. He has been a rock for our family. He supports me in all my craziness. He puts up with my moods and attitude. He is the best father I know. He is genuinely kind hearted and a good friend to everyone he knows. We have been friends since middle school and sweethearts for over 14 years. I love him to the moon and back-even when I don't always show it.
Who is your fab in 2015?